Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Hate Goodbyes

A few months ago...My pastor approached me about being support to a young widow...23 as a matter of fact. She lost her husband in a hiking accident in Iceland...and being a part of the house of prayer in Iceland got connected to IHOP-Atlanta, through Billys teachings on the podcasts, left it all and brought her and her precious 4 year old daughter Eva to America to melt in the prayer room...

It was such tragedy for her to kiss her beloved husband that morning  for him to fall off the mountain, and to get the news a search team has found your husband and hes being airlifted to the hospital....

His brain wasnt all there so as she held the hand of her husband, praying that God could turn this around at any moment...and she believed until the last breath that he could....( I remember that well)

He shortly was with God and another young mommy who loved her husband with all her heart, abandoned by death!

Dealing with the tragic despair was enough but to find out the day of the funeral as she was making arrangements and picking out his casket...(not my favorite memory)

She found out she was pregnant!

Oscar wanted to be a dad more than anything and her heart wasnt there, because she remembered the pain of raising up a child alone before God blessed her with Oscar...

Now he is gone and she has to go through it all again....bitersweet...knowing its Oscars child and a piece of him on this earth shell have beside her for always....

Why some have such a hard road, much harder than others , Ill never understand...But God, use it to shape us and make us Love you more and understand your heart,your desires!

To meet her was a blessing, to say i was support for her...id reexamine that!!!
These past few months, all the time we have spent together...Her passion for Jesus in the misdt of her despair has changed my life....At times where I was barely holding it together, her stregnth has challenged me and shaped me....

Me, being a widow for a year and a half, and her so recent....You would think I would be stronger, giving her stregnth ,words of wisdom, pouring encouragement upon her....and possibly i may have...
But more than not she has held me,loved me, and shown me how regardless of the pain that this life brings...

Rejection, broken hearts,abandonment...etc
How Jesus has suffered first, he knows the cry of our hearts, the pains, the anguish...and to set your eyes and mind on things above, and to have an eternal perpective...

That Its all about Jesus!!!
-------------------------------
Yes i knew that, and you hear it so much....but for it to come from someone who has shared in the level of your despair with tears in her eyes ...it really counts,it sinks in....this life is such a vapor, its so short....

But Jesus can fill every hurting and longing void and give you joy! even more than taking part of his beauty on this earth, and o the wells he gives us to drink from on this earth...Nothing compares to knowing that we can fall so head over heels in love, so abandonly emersed in the Love of God, holding nothing back because there is no Loss!!!

And thats just on this earth, a vapor , a glimmer of his love....Thats nothing in comparison than Eternity...lavishing in the love of God, and him lavishing in us without an end.....Never-Ending!!!

A beautiful romance, a never ending dance of Love with the one who loves us without condition, who gave Everything so we could be with him, with him where he is....

(John 17;24)

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

And I Love, Love Storys but thats the Love Story of all Love Storys!!!

------------------
I love knowing this!!! But im not going to lie....with saying goodbye to people that have stolen a piece of my heart this past year and a half, leaves me here in tears...And if the statement
"Better to Love and Lost, then better to never Love at all" is true?

Im Thankful......that God could take this heart of stone and make it a heart of flesh...
I want to spend the rest of my life loving well....Loving with abandon, to all God has blessed me with!

Not being selfish in my love, but loving with all my heart,not letting fear of loss hold me back, but taking a risk to pour out all my heart!!!


Goodbye Elizabet.....I truly Love You, and am thankful for your friendship and your support!


No comments: