Friday, March 2, 2012

Abiding In Christ


This morning in the prayer room i was meditating and looked up and on the shelf i saw a mug that said "ABIDE"...and felt God really speaking to my heart about drawing so close and clinging onto him and learning how to Abide in him...

Even when we cant understand the steps in his master plan…we need to keep abiding….because we know the end of the story…and we know what his word says about the promises he has ordained for us….His word needs to be a roadmap and a well to draw from when our  emotions don’t match up to what he is speaking to our spirit…his nearness is our good, his discipline is for our good.

When we think our lives should go in step by step order…God messes it up and says let me take you on a little Joy ride, were not going to go the way you think we are but if you keep seeking my face, abiding in me, and drawing near…making me preeminentt in your life….you will not only arrive but you will be still enough to experience so many  blessings I have for you along the way…like that saying:"  Be still and stop and smell the roses"….The Lord wants to write our story, we need to drop the pen and enjoy the journey.

Our flesh rages against the Lord, our flesh wants the here and now…but abiding in his Holy Spirit not only protects our hearts but  our closeness and stillness before him allowing him to break open our hearts to receive the beautiful blessings along the way in the journey…..that we might have missed if we were driving the bus.
Abide in Christ

I Love this segment of Andrews Murray's Abiding In Christ-Vine and the Branches 

The parable of Abiding teaches us the completeness of the union. So close is the union between the vine and the branch, that each is nothing without the other, that each is wholly and only for the other.
Without the vine the branch can do nothing. To the vine it owes its right of place in the vineyard, its life and its fruitfulness. And so the Lord says, "Without me ye can do nothing." The believer can each day be pleasing to God only in that which he does through the power of Christ dwelling in him. The daily inflowing of the life-sap of the Holy Spirit is his only power to bring forth fruit. He lives alone in Him and is for each moment dependent on Him alone.


It is His own appointment; and this is the high honour to which He has called His redeemed ones, that as indispensable as He is to them in heaven, that from Him their fruit may be found, so indispensable are they to Him on earth, that through them His fruit may be found. Believers, meditate on this, until your soul bows to worship in presence of the mystery of the perfect union between Christ and the believer. 

All His fullness and all His riches are for thee, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists only for the branches. All that Jesus is in heaven, He is for us: He has no interest there separate from ours; as our representative He stands before the FatherJesus came: for this every branch on the Vine has to live as much as the Vine itself. It is for fruit, much fruit, that the Father has made us one with Jesus.Only abide in me; yield thyself wholly to my teaching and rule; simply trust my love, my grace, my promises. Only believe; I am wholly thine; I am the Vine, thou art the branch. Abide in me...


O Saviour, how unspeakable is Thy love! "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me: it is high, I cannot attain unto it." I can only yield myself to Thy love with the prayer that, day by day, Thou wouldest unfold to me somewhat of its precious mysteries, and so encourage and strengthen Thy loving disciple to do what his heart longs to do indeed--ever, only, wholly to abide in Thee.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I desire all the fullness of Christ and I want to take part in all the blessings…big and small he has for my life....I dont want to miss a thing along the way   :)

Abiding….holding on  to Jesus with all we have, keeping him first in our hearts even when our flesh rages against it and tells us different...

God doesn’t always calm the Crazy, sometimes he calms us…


No comments: