Monday, November 24, 2008



A great poem from a childs eyes....
Our kids listen and watch everything we do,
what do we want them to remember?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang myfirst painting on the refrigerator, and I immediatelywanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed astray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kindto animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make myfavorite cake for me, and I learned that the littlethings can be the special things in life.
When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could alwaystalk to, and I learned to trust in Him.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make ameal and take it to a friend who was sick, and Ilearned that we all have to help take care of eachother.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give ofyour time and money to help people who had nothing,and I learned that those who have something shouldgive to those who don't.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take careof our house and everyone in it, and I learned we haveto take care of what we are given.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how youhandled your responsibilities, even when you didn'tfeel good, and I learned that I would have to beresponsible when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears comefrom your eyes, and I learned that sometimes thingshurt, but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that youcared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most oflife's lessons that I need to know to be a good andproductive person when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you andwanted to say,'Thanks for all the things I saw
whenyou thought I wasn't looking.'Let’s pray that God will help us to remember that they are looking … all the time.
Thanks Carol for that encouraging poem!

No comments: